We are Valley Vista Services
Valley Vista Services has been helping businesses in Southern California reduce, reuse, recycle.
Our commitment is to provide them with a safe, dependable, and responsible service to help them focus on their business.
Job Posting Details
Position Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Dept. / Company: Customer Service / Valley Vista Services
Location: City of Industry
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Salary Range: Starting at $21.00 per hourValley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957. We are seeking a positive and motivated individual to join our team. Qualified individuals will apply their skills and experience to ensure that Valley Vista Services’ mission, vision, and values are communicated through outreach programs. This is a full-time position.
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Community Outreach Coordinator plans, organizes, develops, coordinates and implements Valley Vista Services’ community outreach, public information, education functions and programs to enhance community involvement, build relationships, and educate the community.
- Assist in implementing outreach strategies to promote and educate the public ensuring Valley Vista Services’ mission and strategic goals are accomplished
- Maintains and develops working relationships with internal and external partners for the development of the company
- Participates in a variety of outreach efforts including community events, presentations, workshops, and trainings
- Maintains a calendar of outreach events
- Creates and develops informational flyers, newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, presentations, press releases, etc.
- Coordinates production and distribution of collateral materials
- Supports social media team
- Assists on special projects in other departments, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum one year related experience in community outreach
- Bilingual (Spanish) a huge plus but not required
- Possess strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Basic knowledge and experience using graphic design software ( i.e. Canva, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate in a friendly and informative manner to customers over the phone, in writing, and in person
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Adaptability and accountability
- Ability to deal tactfully, patiently and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel often to surrounding Los Angeles and Orange County areas
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with our without reasonable accommodations
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 pounds rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
- Normal setting for this job: office setting and field work (i.e. various customer locations)
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match