We are Valley Vista Services
Valley Vista Services has been helping businesses in Southern California reduce, reuse, recycle.
Our commitment is to provide them with a safe, dependable, and responsible service to help them focus on their business.
Job Posting Details
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Dept. / Company: Customer Service / Valley Vista Services
Location: City of Industry
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Salary Range: Starting at $17.50 per hourValley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957.
We are seeking a positive and motivated individual to join our Customer Service team. Qualified individuals will apply their skills and experience to ensure the team delivers excellent service to our clients in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
This is a full-time position. Shifts vary.
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Customer Service Representative will manage a high volume of incoming calls (75-100 calls per day), emails and chat to aid in answering questions and resolving issues from clients. This position requires the ability to multi-task, problem solve and attention to detail while in a fast-paced environment.
- Manages high volume of customer calls
- Keeping record of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints
- Creates, updates and maintains customer accounts
- Effectively responds to Residential and Commercial customer requests including, but not limited to, service changes, bulk pick up and issues with billing and equipment
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned/ needed
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Adaptability and accountability
- Bilingual Chinese and/or Spanish is a plus
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and ability to navigate between multiple software programs
- Typing skills (60 WPM)
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate in a friendly and informative manner to customers over the phone, in writing, and in person
- Ability to deal tactfully, patiently and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds frequently under stressful circumstances
- Ability to operate the telephone using a clear, well-modulated voice, and good diction
- Previous call center experience is highly desirable but not required
- Education: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 pounds rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
- Normal setting for this job: office setting
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match