We are Valley Vista Services
Valley Vista Services has been helping businesses in Southern California reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Our commitment is to provide them with a safe, dependable, and responsible service to help them focus on their business.
Job Posting Details
Position Title: Dispatcher
Dept. / Company: Operations/Valley Vista Services
Location: City of Industry
Reports to: Dispatch Supervisor
Salary Range: $21.00 Per Hour
Valley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957.
We are seeking a positive and motivated individual to join our Operations team. Qualified individuals will apply their skills and experience to ensure the team delivers excellent service to our clients in a safe, timely and efficient manner.This is a full-time position. Shifts vary.
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Dispatcher is responsible for all levels of communication with drivers, operational staff (i.e. route supervisors, mechanics etc.), customer service, sales, and other varies departments within the company to assist with problem resolution in all lines of businesses. A Dispatch will handle incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Shifts may vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on operational needs.
- Dispatching drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response.
- Works with route supervisors to optimize routes
- Assists route supervisors in determining daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
- Assigns routes and work orders to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; closes work orders and route productivity each day
- Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service, route supervisors, and sales department; manages requests for pick-up or container delivery and ensuring same-day service
- Initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by coordinating drivers movements in the field
- Records and documents information from drivers and distributes to appropriate departments
- Communicates with maintenance shop personnel and serves as an emergency point of contact for down wires and other issues
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience, waste industry experience a plus.
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally via mail, telephone and 2 way devices
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Customer service skills
- Must have the desire and ability to perform, learn, remain agile, ready to handle sudden changes throughout the day
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; Intermediate level and above
- Time management skills
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 pounds rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
- Normal setting for this job: office setting
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match