We are Valley Vista Services
Valley Vista Services has been helping businesses in Southern California reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Our commitment is to provide them with a safe, dependable, and responsible service to help them focus on their business.
Job Posting Detail
Position Title: Parts Counter Clerk
Dept. / Company: Maintenance (VGS) / Valley Vista Services
Location: City of Industry
Reports to: Parts Supervisor
Salary Range: $18.00 per hour
Valley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957Valley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957.
We are seeking a positive and motivated individual with a desire to learn to assist with the repair and maintenance of our fleet.This is a full-time position (PM Shift: 2 PM-10:30 PM). Monday to Friday, alternating/ rotating Saturday.
- Place and monitor part orders and/or requests
- Manage distribution of parts and tools to shop technicians
- Maintain an organized parts room at all times by putting away parts on a daily bases, labeling as needed, conduct daily cycle counts, etc.
- Monitor invoices and evaluate work orders to ensure accurate inventory is being received
- Report any vendor shortages/backorders to the department supervisor as needed
- Communicate and update parts pending list as information is received in real time to service department
- Assisting with other tasks as needed
- Must be able to communicate with internal staff (i.e. other shop associates, drivers, other maintenance shops, etc.)
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record (Class C)
- Ability to operate/ drive forklift (Preferred but not required)
- Bilingual (Spanish; preferred but not required)
- Successfully demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a team while providing excellent customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 75 lbs or more without restriction
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to work in environment with excessive noise
- Must be able to have flexible movement: to reach equipment and/or parts and maneuver equipment
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 pounds rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match