We are Valley Vista Services
Valley Vista Services has been helping businesses in Southern California reduce, reuse, recycle.
Our commitment is to provide them with a safe, dependable, and responsible service to help them focus on their business.
Job Posting Details
Position Title: Collections Supervisor
Dept. / Company: Customer Service / Valley Vista Services
Location: City of Industry
Reports to: Office Manager
Salary Range: Starting at $25 per hourValley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957. We are seeking a positive and motivated individual to join lead our Collections Department. Qualified individual will apply their skills and experience to ensure the team maintains A/R balances at acceptable levels while it delivers excellent service to our clients in a safe, timely and efficient manner. This is a full-time position.
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Collections Supervisor will lead the collections department in proactively manage customer’s accounts from inbound calls, outbound calls, other customer correspondence or assigned accounts regarding collections and other related transactions.
- Lead a team of collectors to exceed all collection and department goals
- Set clear expectations and continually reinforcing those expectations to ensure collectors are clear on their role
- Manage a queue consisting of past due accounts between 30 – 120+ days past due
- Support collection efforts by assisting team members and handling escalated calls
- Accepts payments over the phone and in person
- Allocates account payments
- Contacts delinquent customer by telephone/e-mail
- Sends collection letters to encourage the delinquent customer to pay
- Documentation of collection efforts in CRM
- Conduct skip tracing, when necessary
- Makes decisions regarding payment arrangements
- Manages accounts for appropriate follow-up actions, and monthly reports of aging accounts.
- Handles customer questions, issues and billing inquiries with high degree of courtesy and professionalism
- Knowledge of fair debt and collection practices act
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, including proficient knowledge of excel.
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate in a friendly and informative manner to customers over the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to deal tactfully, patiently and effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds frequently under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to operate the telephone using a clear, well-modulated voice, and good diction.
- Knowledge of cash handling and security procedures for cash and materials having monetary value.
- Ability to accurately perform monetary transactions.
- Ability to accurately perform arithmetic computations.
- Expert understanding of all VVS customer service procedures, billing, and payments.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Education: Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 pounds rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
- Normal setting for this job: office setting
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match