We are Valley Vista Services
Valley Vista Services has been helping businesses in Southern California reduce, reuse, recycle.
Our commitment is to provide them with a safe, dependable, and responsible service to help them focus on their business.
Job Posting Details
Position Title: Commercial Class A/B Driver
Dept. / Company: Operations/Valley Vista Services
Location: City of Industry
Reports to: Route Supervisor
Salary Range: $23.45 Per Hour
Valley Vista Services is a family-owned & operated waste disposal company that has been serving the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding Los Angeles areas since 1957.
We are seeking a positive and motivated individual to join our Operations team to help us deliver friendly, exceptional service to both commercial and residential customers.This is a full-time position. The starting time depends on the department to which you have been assigned, there will be shifts in the morning and some available in the afternoon.
POSITION OVERVIEWThe Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on container delivery, recycling, residential, commercial, or industrial (roll-off) routes. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned customers, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with company policies. Employees in this class drive large vehicles used in transporting refuse to designate dumping sites throughout the metropolitan area. Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the truck as well as performing the necessary maintenance checks. Familiarity with assigned routes and any special requirements to provide efficient service to each route. The job requires the use of defensive driving skills and sufficient stamina to operate large trucks, which may sometimes be in unfavorable weather conditions. The job involves exposure to dust, smoke, and adverse weather. Supervision is provided by a field supervisor who assigns routes, schedules, and equipment as well as operational requirements.
- May operate truck in the collection of waste or recyclables throughout the county.
- Transports refuse to designate sites; operates dumping control to empty vehicle.
- Inspects equipment before starting, reports malfunctions to supervisor, field tests equipment after services, maintain cleanliness or equipment inside and outside.
- May assist labor crew with assigned tasks.
- Report pressing needs to dispatch.
- Performs related work as required.
- May operate different vehicles and be assigned to help in other areas.
- One year of truck driving experience. Waste industry experience a plus.
- Must possess a CDL/Class A or B.
- Knowledge of the operational characteristics of trucks and similar types of automotive/truck equipment.
- Knowledge of safe driving techniques and the occupational hazards of motorized equipment operations.
- Ability to operate the assigned vehicle in the prescribed manner.
- Ability to detect improper functioning mechanical systems on the assigned vehicle.
- Ability to follow prescribed instructions and work without constant supervision.
- Skill in driving medium and large trucks.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 25 pounds rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match